Monday, September 22, 2008

Francis Drake of Esher

The New England Historical and Genealogical Register By Henry Fritz-Gilbert Waters, New England Historic Genealogical Society: "FRANCIS DRAKE of Esher in the County of Surrey Esq 13 March 1633 proved 7 May 1634 Whereas my son William delivered me the legacy of one thousand pounds which William Tothill my late father in law did demise unto my daughter Joaue Drake and with three hundred & fifty pounds part thereof I did soon after purchase of Sir John Lidcot a parceil of land called Rayswarreu in the names of her and myself she is to have the land and also the one thousand pounds entire &c To my daughter Mary Drake the only child that I had by my late wife Philadelphia one thousand marks to be well employed for her benefit until her marriage or full age If she die then to my son Francis Drake My wife to have the education of my said daughter Mary and I decire "

No comments: