Saturday, October 4, 2008

Will of Joseph Drake Eastchester

Collections By New-York Historical Society: "Page 420 In the name of God Amen I JOSEPH DRAKE of East Chester being weak in body I leave to my beloved wife Charity my house and land where I now live To my youngest son Joseph a certain tract of land known by the Curlands in East Chester and adjoining the Mill pond of Mr John Bartow containing both fresh and salt Lastly after my debts and funeral expenses are paid I bequeath to my wife all my personal estate whom I appoint my executrix and Benjamin Drake my executor Dated January 17 1785 Witnesses John Beauyx Wm Johnson of Ea tchester Blacksmith John G Wright of Eastchester Physician Codicil January 17 1785 To my son Joseph my wearing apparel The house and land I have given to my wife after her death shall be equally divided between my three youngest daughters Charity Abigail and Hester Witnesses to Codicil the same as to will Proved "
Text not available
Collections By New-York Historical Society

No comments: