Thursday, October 9, 2008

Elizabeth Drake Daughter of Benedict Alvard

A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records By Charles William Manwaring: "Page 126 7 Alvard Benedict Windsor Invt 229 03 09 Taken 7 May 1683 by Benjamin Newbery Daniel Clarke sen Will dated 30 March 1683 I Benedictus Alvard of Windsor do make this my last Will & Testament After my Just Debts are payd my wife during her Widowhood shall have the Proffitt Use & Beneftt of my Estate for her Comfortable Livelyhood but if she marryes to have 30 of what Estate she shall see Cause to take to be to her own free Dispose To my son Jonathan I give 20 Shillings besides what formerly I have given him To Josias Alvard my 2nd son 40 and the Farme that was given me by the Country To my daughter Elizabeth Drake 5 besides what she hath already received and a Sheep apeice to each of the Children To my son Jeremy after the decease of my wife all my Houseing and Land in Windsor together with"

No comments: