Thursday, October 9, 2008

Will of John Moore, Jacob Drake Son???

A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records By Charles William Manwaring: "Page 195 Moore John Windsor Invt 489 04 07 Taken 17 September 1677 by Benjamin Newbery Daniel Clarke Return Strong Josiah Els worth Dictated Will dated 14 September 1677 Deacon John Moore being at this prsent his memory & understanding sound though under present sickness did declare with his own mouth in the prsence of his wife Robert Hayward & John Moore Nath Loomys & John Loomys that it was his will as followeth Imprs He did will to his deare wife the product & improvement of his whole Estate houseing Lands & Moveables so long as She Lives & fifty pownds to her own dispose to her children or at her discretion at her death & my will is that the estate that remayns after her death as aforesayd shall be disposed as followeth to my son John a double portion & my will is my son shall have all my Land he paying"

No comments: